Macro Photography for One-of-a-Kind Programming
A member of the Canadian Association of Science Centres, MIGHTYmacro provides science centres, children’s museums, aquariums, planetariums, and other venues of informal learning about science, technology or nature, with compelling, interactive displays with macro photography.
- Get more people visiting the centre, and in outreach programs, engaged through interactive displays: Click-Zoom deep down to the macro-level of insects, rocks, circuit boards, etc. Evoke wonder!
- Keep better records of your collections: Higher resolution, data-rich (gigapixel) images via automated capture (less manual labour) using technology that won’t be obsolete in 10 years. Click-Share with scientists anywhere in the world!
Features of our macrophotography include:
- Extreme close-up images from tiny objects to very large pieces
- Ultra-high resolution
- Deep focus (several layers in focus at the same time)
- Digitized for interaction by the public (CLICK-ZOOM)
- Easily shareable with colleagues, researchers anywhere in the world (CLICK-SHARE)
Zoom in here on this insect (white-spotted African fruit chafer) to check out the amazing technology offered by MIGHTYmacro through our partnership with GIGAmacro:
Some of the applications of macrophotography for science centres – for public display and/or archiving of collections:
- Environmental issues
- Ocean life
- Wearable technology
- Technology in manufacturing
- Space technology
- Criminal science (forensics)
- Agriculture and food products
- Aviation and other transportation
- Mining and metallurgy
- Online collections of specimens
Extreme closeup of anything, big or small, you wish to archive and/or exhibit! Learn more…